Our audit is designed to save you money.
At the end of the insurance company’s audit, the auditor determines whether you owe additional money or should receive a refund.
As you can see, their audit is little more than a settlement process. There is little attempt to see if errors have been made, which could possibly result in the return of even more premium money to you.
The reason your carrier and broker don’t usually discover these errors isn’t malfeasance.
In our experience, most carriers and brokers try to do right by their clients, and they act ethically. The real issue is that they do not have the responsibility or the expertise to perform the deep and detailed reverse audits that we do.
It is obvious there is enormous opportunity to recover money that you’ve overpaid. We go over each category in which there is potential errors to find out which ones may have been made. We will find any overpayments. And our experts will negotiate on your behalf to secure any money you’re owed. Moreover, you can be confident in the accuracy of our audits. There isn’t just one person reviewing the audit. Our strategic partners make sure that multiple experts review it, so they don’t miss any cost-saving opportunities.
Merchant Services Fee Optimization
How we can help you
The industry that supports making payments—particularly, the credit card processing business—is complex. Merchants face all kinds of processing options. They encounter hundreds of various payment processing fees—including layers of discount rates, transaction fees, and surcharges. All of these fees are presented in extremely confusing statements.
Auditing your statements
Using proprietary software, our credit card fee reduction partner audits multiple areas in which overcharges typically occur. The savings analysis can take as few as two or three business days.
Minimizing your future charges
If you decide to have us continue to monitor your fees, or as the process is commonly called, “interchange management,” we use proprietary software to check that your transaction details are captured properly and that higher fees are not erroneously charged.
Our interchange management program acts like your own internal auditing department. Our job is to watch every merchant service fee and ensure that you’re paying the lowest amount possible.
What is Zero-Cost Processing?
- A payment card surcharge, also known as a checkout fee, is an additional fee that a merchant adds to a consumer’s bill to offset merchant processing fees when a card is used for payment.
Zero-Cost Processing Compliance
(what others are not doing and need to be)
- The merchant must be registered with Visa and MasterCard
- The merchant must inform his or her customers of the surcharge with appropriate signage at the store entrance and at the point of sale
- The surcharge and the price of the product or service must be processed together as one transaction
- The receipt must show the amount of the surcharge as a separate line item
- Merchants must not surcharge debit cards
How the Merchant saves money
- Merchant currently does $200,000 per month in credit card transactions.
- Merchant currently pays approximately $5,000 per month in fees (2.5%)
- Through Zero-Cost Processing, all fees get passed on to the customer
Merchant saves $5,000 per month or $60,000 per year
- Merchant is now PCI and EMV compliant too (which he may have been paying fees for previously)
A cost segregation study is a federal income tax tool that increases your near term cash flow, in the form of a deferral, by utilizing shorter recovery periods to accelerate the return on capital from your investment in property.
Whether newly constructed, purchased or renovated, the components of your building may be properly classified through a cost segregation study into shorter recovery periods for computing depreciation. The study carves out (into 5, 7, and 15 year lives) certain qualifying portions of your building that are normally buried in 39 or 27.5 year categories.
- Free initial benefit analysis review to see what potential % of your properties could be reclassified
- Evaluate your current tax status and future business plans to determine the applicability of a Cost Segregation Study specifically for your project
- Evaluate the building’s construction costs by component or systems
- Review the project’s/facility’s construction documents, including as-‐‑built drawings and project specifications
- Visit the facility/project to determine and identify how the components and systems are utilized – as well as to document the systems and components
- Provide a “Detailed Engineering” review of the assets including special purpose mechanical and electrical systems, decorative finishes, site improvements, and any process related to special purpose construction
- Classify or reclassify each building component into the appropriate tax life as prescribed by IRS guidelines
- Identify and allocate indirect costs to each asset
- Complete a written report with the asset detail supporting the reclassifications and completion of the necessary tax form(s)
Class Action Settlement Recovery
What is Class Action Settlement Recovery?
An approved Class Action Settlement is the successful resolution of a Class Action Lawsuit. The Settlement may include the establishment of a Settlement Fund to eligible Class Members. Class Members generally do not receive any award unless they file a claim. Because Class Action Lawsuits are rarely advertised only a few Class Members come forward to participate, which leaves millions of unclaimed settlement funds.
We help businesses recover damages by filing claims for their share of settlements in antitrust class action lawsuits. We are claims, accounting, and financial professionals with years of experience in the class action settlement process. Through our work in class action administration, class action claims filing, and class action claims reconciliation, we’ve gained many successes, and have earned a reputation for being a comprehensive, detail oriented firm that takes pride in going above and beyond for each and every client.
Property Tax Mitigation
Our experienced team of professionals in mitigation, valuation, assessments, and law will work on your case to identify any potential opportunity for refunds and/or reductions in your current property taxes
. We perform all the work on your behalf until savings are captured, including partaking in hearings and filing necessary paperwork. We act as an extension of your company toward the governing property tax bodies.
Our waste audit service lowers our Client’s monthly expenses for solid waste, medical waste, and recycling disposables by finding billing errors, overcharges and other cost reduction opportunities by evaluating the Client’s invoices, service agreements, equipment, current service levels and pricing structure.
- 80% of commercial businesses can benefit and save with a Waste Audit.
- Average savings per client is between $3K – $15k annually
Our Freight Vendor Cost Audit allows you to earn residual income on this freight vendor parcel refund recovery audit. Using proprietary audit software, we download the invoices from vendors each week and secure the refunds due to clients.
Our Audit Report includes recommendations on short, medium and long-term measures for energy conservation alongwith financial estimates and analysis for their implementation. These recommendations come to you with databases and fact-sheets generated by measurements and tests conducted in your plant as well as in the field. This is followed up by assistance in implementation and performance monitoring of our energy conservation proposals – achieved by expert services of our in-house engineers and the training of the user’s operators.
The audit of energy consumption is a specialized process. It takes thorough knowledge and expertise in multiple fields to estimate design, commission and performance monitor projects for energy conservation. And our energy saving efforts do not end there. We have an expert team of Mechanical, Chemical and Instrumentation Engineers who not only conduct the audit survey but also train end users in key energy oriented functional areas such that energy is utilized most efficiently. Efforts are targeted to reflect savings of fuel and electricity in the actual energy bill. The systems we provide live up to standards of operation accepted worldwide and our training programmes are intended to help our clients to improve the quality of operations such that wastages are almost totally eliminated.
Telecom invoice auditing is the combination of a detailed review of bills and the analysis of the various telecom services and their related expenses. Our telecom auditing, Consulting, and Telecom Expense Management (TEM) services deliver highest savings.
Our telecommunication solutions require no carrier changes. We specialize in telecommunications audits. We don’t diversify into any other utility bill auditing, or telecom sales of any type. This focus and dedication has made us an industry leader in Telecom Audits and Expense Management, keep us in the forefront in technology. We have navigated through the changes in carrier services and Service Providers billings over twenty years. We provide the best telecom audit and expense management services available for Voice, Data, and Wireless invoices.
Research & Development Tax Credits
Recovering a portion of research and development (R&D) costs. Benefiting from permanent cash tax savings. Increasing return on R&D investments. How can you take advantage of the R&D incentives for which you’re eligible – while fully complying with the complexities of the law?
Our combines industry experience with a collaborative approach enabled by our proprietary technology to develop a sustainable process for identifying and documenting qualified R&D activities and expenditures.